For litigation paralegals, receiving that Notice of Trial can mean working long hours and lots of stress.
What if your next trial could be different? Imagine if your next trial was rewarding and enjoyable!
With the Trial Prep Boot Camp, you will have a trial prep guide that will take the stress out of getting ready for your next trial.
But what if it's a case that's just been handed to you and you've never worked on the case?!
We've got that covered in this course - because that happens more often than we'd like.
What if I work for the master of procrastination? We've got you covered. In this course, we'll show you things that you can be doing every day so that you don't have to wait for the attorney to tell you what needs to be done.
What if the trial has thousands of exhibits and is out of town? We've got that covered in this course too. We even include a complete Trial War Room Supply Checklist that details everything you need to ship to your out-of-town war room.
The Trial Prep Boot Camp is a comprehensive trial preparations and procedures course that will give you the resources to make the most use out of every day leading up to trial.
This course covers all aspects of preparing for trial, including:
- Preparing the Trial Notebook
- Getting ready for the Pretrial Conference
- Witness prep meetings
- Using an exhibit list that can help you find any trial exhibit in a few seconds
- Finding and securing the best trial war room location
- Evaluating different trial technology options, including the D-I-Y option that is easier than you think
- Assisting with opening and closing statements
- Preparing witness notebooks
- Working with court personnel
- Assisting with voir dire
- Working with outside vendors
- Tracking the evidence during the trial
Like all Paralegal Boot Camp workshops, you will receive resources, forms and templates to download and start using on your next trial.
The knowledge in this training program is invaluable to new and experienced paralegals alike. You will be impressed with the level of resources provided.
The knowledge in this training program is invaluable to new and experienced paralegals alike. You will be impressed with the level of resources provided.Read Less
As an individual transitioning to the legal profession, I found this course to be both helpful and valuable. I have learned information that will assist in t...Read More
As an individual transitioning to the legal profession, I found this course to be both helpful and valuable. I have learned information that will assist in the everyday process of a case. I would recommend this course to other legal professionals.Read Less
This course was very informative and full of resources. It helped me fill in the gaps of my on-the-job training.
This course was very informative and full of resources. It helped me fill in the gaps of my on-the-job training.Read Less
The Paralegal Boot Camp offers a vast amount of valuable skills and information that any paralegal should own.
The Paralegal Boot Camp offers a vast amount of valuable skills and information that any paralegal should own.Read Less
Module 1: Pretrial Preparations
- Proactive things to do before the notice of trial
- The Trial Prep Checklist as your daily to-do list for the weeks leading up to trial
- What to do when you're assigned to a case you've never worked on before
- How to stay on track even with an attorney who procrastinates
- Preparing the Trial Notebook as your road map to trial
Module 2: Mastering Trial Technology
- Deciding whether to outsource the technology or keep it in-house
- Steps to hiring and managing trial technology vendors
- Checklist of equipment if you are the “hot-seat” person at trial
- Comparing trial technology alternatives
- Technology for the opening and closing statements
- Steps to ensuring a smooth technology presentation
Module 3: Managing the Evidence During Pretrial
- Drafting a Trial Exhibit List that will keep your exhibits organized and allow you to find any exhibit in seconds, not minutes
- Organizing the trial exhibits for use throughout the trial prep phase when you're preparing for the pretrial conference and the witness prep meetings
- Demonstrative evidence considerations that should be done early in the pretrial phase
- Preparing deposition designations, with and without technology
- Preparing for the Pretrial Conference
Module 4: The Weeks Before Trial
- Conducting site visits to the courtroom and war room before the trial starts
- Finding the ideal trial war room
- Preparing your attorney for the witness prep meetings
- Mastering the out of town trials
Module 5: A Paralegal's Role at Trial
- Logistics to plan for the unexpected
- Setting up your workspace in the courtroom
- Your role in voir dire
- Tracking the evidence
- Preparing for the jury deliberations
- Post-trial lessons learned
Comprehensive Trial Prep Checklist
Witness Prep Notebook
War Room Supply List
Courtroom Technology Guide
Comprehensive Exhibit List
Deposition Summary Chart