Most paralegals dread getting that notice of trial because they associate trial prep with 14-hour work days, working holiday weekends and lots of stress. Most of the time that's true.
But what if your next trial could be different? Imagine if your next trial was rewarding and enjoyable!
With the Trial Prep Boot Camp, you will have a countdown to trial that will take the stress out of any trial.
But what if it's a case that's just been handed to you and you've never worked on the case?! We've got that covered in the course - because that happens more often than not.
Even if you work for the master of procrastination and the trial has
thousands of exhibits, this workshop will help you become the master trial paralegal who isn't working 14-hour days during your next trial.
The Trial Prep Boot Camp is a comprehensive trial preparations and procedures course that will give you solid methods and resources to make the most use out of every day leading up to trial.
This course covers all aspects of preparing for trial, beginning with pretrial preparations through the paralegal's role in the courtroom, and everything in between.
Like all Paralegal Boot Camp workshops, you will receive resources and templates (in electronic form) to be able to download and start right away!
Comprehensive Trial Prep Checklist
Witness Prep Notebook
Module 1: Pretrial Preparations
- Proactive things to do before the notice of trial
- The Trial Prep Checklist as your daily to-do list for the weeks leading up to trial
- How to stay on track even with an attorney who procrastinates
- Preparing the Trial Notebook as your road map to trial
Module 2: Mastering Trial Technology
- Deciding whether to outsource the technology
- Steps to hiring and managing trial technology vendors
- Checklist of equipment if you are the “hot-seat” person
- Comparing technology alternatives for trial presentations
- PowerPoint as an alternative option for opening and closing statements
- Steps to ensuring a smooth technology presentation
Module 3: Managing the Evidence During Pretrial
- Drafting a Trial Exhibit List that will keep your exhibits organized
- Organizing the trial exhibits for use throughout the trial prep phase
- Demonstrative evidence considerations
- Preparing deposition designations, with and without technology
- Preparing for the Pretrial Conference
Module 4: The Weeks Before Trial
- Conducting site visits before the trial starts
- Finding the ideal trial war room
- Preparing for the witness prep meetings
- Mastering the out of town trials
Module 5: Your Role at Trial
- Logistics to plan for the unexpected
- Setting up your workspace in the courtroom
- Your role in voir dire
- Tracking the evidence
- Preparing for the jury deliberations
- Post-trial lessons learned